Tuesday, September 5, 2017

START THINKING ABOUT GIFT MAKING



SEW.... I was talking to a quilting friend recently, and she commented on the zipper bags I had made.
 She said " I think they are cute...but what do you use them for?" 
  Well, they are cute, and they are fun gifts to make and give...
Sew..what do I use them for?   
The long green one, made by my friend Janet for a guild swap, holds pens and pencils, and the eyeglass wipes I need all the time. The large floral has a phone charger, and sometimes the NOOK charger.  The diamond shape has lip stuff, hand sanitizer, and cough drops. 
The clear front bag ...
well it's perfect for packing that rotary cutter  .....or M&Ms?
My purse is so much easier to use when it is filled with these fun organizers.


It's easy to make a few at a time.. uses your favorites quilt leftovers ( I refuse to call them scraps!), and they are really useful... Need your gift to be a bit more?  Add a gift card inside for a special surprise.... Fill with first aid stuff, school basics, simple sewing emergency kit...or for that new mom.. emergency diaper and wipes.... the possibilities are...sorry...endless! 


Your local quilt shop will have a variety of fun patterns and zippers in great colors... 
I used Stowaways and Bridget Baguettes from Atkinson Designs, and Sweetpea Pods from Lazy Girl designs...

What am I making this year?   Well, I just started thinking......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Says Mimi

 Hello and Welcome to Sew Says Mimi.... I haven't posted in really a long time so I have some catching up to do. Hope you enjoy!!  So..l...