Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"I Believe" Day #9

Day #9

I bought a few patterns doll clothes patterns on www.pixiefaire.com.  They have all kinds of great "Welli Wisher" sized patterns.
This sweater was adapted from one for a football jersey....
Yes, there is a Florida Gators Jersey in her future..

 And..this is the fun part.... I had this gray wool/cashmere sweater that never fit well..I "felted" the sweater 
(Washed and dried  intentionally so shrinks up and it will not fray)
The sweater was easy and fun to sew... I used an aurifil cotton thread with a fine "Microtex sharp" needle. 

Sew... I will be using the rest of the sweater in future projects... and checking out the box of old sweaters in the attic for more "Upcycling" opportunities...

Now... about the pants......
I bought a skinny jeans pattern ....the directions were good... 
I cut up a pair of  "JJill" jeans that didn't fit well 
(MY fault..I should have returned them)\
  The fabric was just stretchy enough and easy to sew... I made 2 pair  and I'm planning a jeans jacket for her spring wardrobe....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Says Mimi

 Hello and Welcome to Sew Says Mimi.... I haven't posted in really a long time so I have some catching up to do. Hope you enjoy!!  So..l...