Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Not now...the new quilt!

Sew.. this week I decided a friend of mine needed a quilt, probably as a birthday present...Late summer... I have a beautiful quilt top.. the original was on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting magazinea few years ago. it is 72" by 86"... the photo is a close up of a section of the patchwork.....


So the quilt needs to be about 120" wide and 95" long . 15 years ago it would be simple, just add big borders and voila!  a big enough quilt..

But..not now.. now I need to think more interesting, probably off center, lots of fabrics,  because we can't just add borders anymore..

Modern quilts, especially when they begin life as traditional quilts...they take some work..
Tomorrow it starts..... watch for a progress report!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Says Mimi

 Hello and Welcome to Sew Says Mimi.... I haven't posted in really a long time so I have some catching up to do. Hope you enjoy!!  So..l...