Tuesday, April 25, 2017

What I Like?

Good Morning! 
 Just spent an hour cleaning up Easter Decorations...Photo above is "Post Easter" 
The bunny basket is full of Wheat grass..home grown Easter grass that O (granddaughter) likes to trim.  Will be with us until one of us over waters it!  (FYI..I have a reputation for killing houseplants)

SEW.... 

... people often ask me what style quilts I like to make....And, after making all kinds of quilts in the last 20 years...Here it is.. I like traditional patterns made with current fabrics..
What does that mean? 
This is my current applique project.. I have 6 blocks complete . 
This is block 7...not quite finished.. 
The patterns are from a favorite primitive quilt design team...Blackbird Designs.
The fabrics are from Kaffe Fassett a contemporary fabric designer.

Dresden Plate, a popular design with American quilters beginning in the 1920's.... 
Photo is from a finished (yes..binding and everything!) quilt I made using Amy Butler (another contemporary fabric designer) prints.. 
Dresden  was machine quilted by Kim Lathrop of Grapevine Quilting in Williamstown, NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Says Mimi

 Hello and Welcome to Sew Says Mimi.... I haven't posted in really a long time so I have some catching up to do. Hope you enjoy!!  So..l...